How to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger with Makeup
Big eyes appear youthful, wide awake and healthy. We aren't all born with oversized peepers though, and that's where some artful makeup tricks come into play. Here are 9 key steps on how to make your eyes look bigger and as beautiful as possible.
Not all of us are born with big, bright eyes. But every girl can appear more alert and even more friendly or feminine with the help of these 9 easy makeup tips and tricks that make eyes look bigger. Here's how.
1. Define your brows. This brings attention to and frames up the entire eye area. People will perceive your eyes as bigger when more focus is put on the area surrounding them.
2. Add dimension to your crease. A matte, warm brown or even a soft rose color will help to create some dimension and make your eye pop.
3. Add shimmer at the inner corner of the eye. Placing shimmer here catches the light, thus giving the appearance of more open, awake eyes.
4. Use light, neutral colors on the lid. Dark colors recede, light colors bring objects forward. Placing a light color on the lid gives a larger appearance to the eye area. A shadow like Urban Decay's Sin looks good on everyone.
5. Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a flesh-toned pencil. This creates the illusion that the whites of your eyes extend farther. You can use a white eye liner pencil for this as well, but the flesh tone looks more natural.
6. Apply mascara to lower lashes. Skip liner on the lower lash line, which closes the eye in. Mascara is the perfect way to enhance the lower part of the eye without overdoing it.
7. Curl your eyelashes. This is one of the fastest ways to open the figurative shutters on your eyes. Flipping your lashes upwards lets others see the whole eye area more clearly.
8. Apply mascara to top lashes. This is kind of a no-brainer, but definitely apply mascara after curling your lashes to define the top lashes.
9. Apply false lashes. You don't have to go crazy, but a strip of natural false lashes will bring your eyes out easily. If you have a hooded eye, this is especially effective as it brings your eye out from under the brow bone visually. Quality lash gives just enough definition without overwhelming the eye.
Natural Everyday Eyes
For a natural everyday eye makeup look, pick up an universal eye palette in a neutral shade for impact and dimension.
The Rose gold ones gives your everyday makeup a soft, romantic look. The combination of matte pink, rose gold shimmer, and brown matte, create a fresh natural look with a hint of color.
Step #1: Apply matte pink from eyelid to brow bone with Eye Base Brush.
Step #2: Using Eye Base Brush, apply rose gold shimmer from eyelid to the crease of eye.
Step #3: With the Contour Brush, apply a small amount of the matte brown to the crease of the lid, starting at the inner eye crease, lightly working your way outward to the outer crease of the eyelid. Blend well into the crease.
Step #4: Using the Eye Liner Brush, line the entire length of the bottom lash line, from the inner corner of the eye to the bottom outer edge of the eye (forming a sideways "V" shape on your inner eye) with the rose gold shimmer. This will add a highlighting effect and brighten your eyes.
Step #5: Finish with two coats of quality brand mascara.